What is HDD data recovery? You mistakenly cleared the Recycle Bin and erased a file. The need to retrieve the file became clear to you at that point. Data loss is a frustrating situation. Data loss is a straightforward problem brought on by formatting, system failures, and deletion. Fortunately, free hard drive recovery software can help you recover deleted files even if you don’t have a backup. The features, efficiency, cost, and our own usage of the top 10 hard drive recovery apps were taken into consideration when making our selection. In this article, aods.info will discuss top 5 best HDD data recovery software.
- 1 Top 1. Free EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac and Windows (hdd data recovery)
- 2 Top 2. Hard drive recovery software for Windows called Recuva (hdd data recovery)
- 3 Top 3. Data Recovery using Disk Drill (Windows & Mac) (hdd data recovery)
- 4 Top 4. HDD Recovery Software by Wise Data Recovery (Windows) (hdd data recovery)
- 5 Top 5. Ontrack Data Recovery Software (Windows & Mac) (hdd data recovery)
Top 1. Free EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac and Windows (hdd data recovery)
Millions of users have recovered their important data using the free data recovery program EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. With this hard disk recovery software, you may retrieve your files regardless of whether you erased files from a disk, formatted the disk, lost partitions, or the disk became RAW/inaccessible/unrecognized.
- An easy 3-step recovery process.
- Repairs damaged JPEG, PNG, BMP, etc.
- Virus-free and plugin-free.
- Fast scanning speed and high-quality data recovery.
- Support for 1000+ file types on various devices.
- Free trial with a 2GB recovery limit. There are no recovery restrictions in the $69.95 Pro version.
Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and even earlier versions of Windows can all be used with EaseUS data recovery software for PCs. There is a Mac version that is compatible with macOS 10.15 through 10.9. You can only recover up to 2GB of data for free using it. However, EaseUS’s recovery rate is among the best in the business for both its Windows and Mac versions. It effortlessly restores your crucial information and has the amazing capacity to fix damaged video and photo files.
Top 2. Hard drive recovery software for Windows called Recuva (hdd data recovery)
Users who unintentionally deleted files frequently utilize Piriform Recuva. Recuva differs from other hard disk recovery software since it is more interactive. Recuva is more user-friendly because it walks you through the data recovery procedure by asking you a number of questions.
- With the ordinary version, data recovery is unlimitedly free.
- Deep scan mode for locating difficult-to-find files.
- It has a portable version, too.
- 100% free data recovery software.
- The interface makes it look old.
- The scan’s results cannot be previewed.
Recuva is cost-effective and simple to use, however it can’t delve as far as more expensive data recovery tools. It can meet fundamental requirements including email recovery, document recovery, erased music recovery, and photo recovery. This software has been used by us to recover deleted Excel files. Recuva is completely free for private use.
Top 3. Data Recovery using Disk Drill (Windows & Mac) (hdd data recovery)
Cleverfiles One of the most well-known software programs for recovering data from hard drives is called Disk Drill. It enables the recovery of lost, erased, and wiped data from hard disks. Disk Drill offers consumers extra features like data security and drive backup in addition to the data recovery capability.
- Has auxiliary features like data protection and drive backup.
- Organizes files found by category.
- Filters the results by size and data.
- Supports multiple file systems.
- iOS and Android data cannot be recovered using the Windows version.
- You may skip the custom installation path during the setup process because it is a little complicated.
Users of Disk Drill can easily retrieve their deleted files thanks to the program’s user-friendly interface. More seasoned computer users are drawn to it because of its recovery capabilities. The program offers free extra data protection technologies that might hasten the recovery of recently destroyed files. You can designate folders and files for additional protection using the Recovery Vault function. For the purpose of recovering crashed storage devices, you can make a byte-level backup of a disk. But the amount of free data recovery is limited to 500MB. It costs at least $89 to restore further data, which is a lot of money. In addition, fewer files are identified throughout the scanning process than with the prior equivalents.
To share is to care! Share this hard drive recovery program with your followers on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram if you found it to be informative.
Top 4. HDD Recovery Software by Wise Data Recovery (Windows) (hdd data recovery)
Using Wise Data Recovery, you can recover deleted documents, music files, movies, photographs, and more from local hard drives and portable storage devices including USB flash drives, SD cards, digital cameras, cell phones, and MP3 players. Wise Data Recovery successfully recovers lost data from compatible devices thanks to its sophisticated algorithms.
- Free to use
- Lightweight and space-saving
- Fast scanning speed
- Offers a portable version
- Filters files by category
- Only supports FAT, exFAT, and NTFS file systems
- Displays confusing codes for unsupported formats in the preview pane
You may restore deleted files on your Windows system (64-bit and 32-bit) using Wise Data Recovery. It has been designed to run on Windows 10, as well as earlier versions of Windows (Windows XP and higher). You can perform a fast check and recover recently deleted files with the free version. This software might not be effective if you try to restore files that have been permanently erased from Windows 10. Even novice users shouldn’t have any issue navigating Wise Data Recovery’s user interface because it is simple. We value the option to see deleted files before recovery and to show comprehensive details, such as file headers.
Top 5. Ontrack Data Recovery Software (Windows & Mac) (hdd data recovery)
Ontrack EasyRecovery is among the greatest disk data recovery methods. It can recover data from an HDD, SSD, memory card, USB drive, and optical media after it has been deleted, formatted, corrupted, and more. Along with the basic data recovery features, users of EasyRecovery may do complex RAID recovery.
- Recovers photos, videos, documents, and more
- Supports multiple storage devices
- Allows to preview results before recovery
- Restores deleted, formatted, corrupted, and hard disk-damaged files
- Must enter personal information to download the software
Ontrack is an easy-to-use tool for recovering lost or deleted photos, videos, and other files from various types of computer storage media. Use rapid scan and deep scan to speed up your recovery. It also provides expert manual data recovery and repair. Your data and how difficult the recovery process is will affect the cost. It can be a little difficult to download. Your email and personal information must be provided before you can download it.